Friday, October 2, 2009

Synvisc Not Systemically Absorbed?

I read this Q&A between a potential patient and a physician at this link

http://www.hopkins-arthritis.org/ask-the-expert/treatment-013003/negative-reactions-to-synvisc-571.html.

Information from the physician claims that Synvisc is not systemically absorbed.

According to the following statement with sources, the resident [joint capsule] half-life is days to a few weeks at the most.

Synvisc® may last for a few days (Fiorentini R. , Proceedings of the US FDA Advisory Panel on Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Devices, 11/21/96 Fairfax (VA) : CASET Associates, 1996; Berkowitz D., Proceedings of the US FDA Advisory Panel on Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Devices, 11/20/96 Fairfax (VA) : CASET Associates, 1996).

My question to those reading this blog:

If Synvisc leaves the joint capsule in that time frame, and doesn't go "systemic" or is "not systemically absorbed" ...

Where does it go? I'd really like to know.

3 comments:

  1. I was told by a toxocologist at a large hospital that I did have a systemic reaction to Synvisc. However, after a week, there should be no further problems since the body renews the cells every seven days. He did not do any tests on me and came to the conclusion that the destruction of my health was in my mind. This is the kind of "help" that the medical doctors have given me since developing all the problems that came from these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES!!! You are not alone in this situation. So many of us went through similar experiences with medical doctors, Genzyme, etc. And with that kind of assumption based on the 7 days theory, then no one should ever be sick for more than a week?!?!?

    Are you doing better now???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am better than I was for the first year only because I have pursued natural alternatives for removing the Synvisc ingredients from my body. I continue to have major problems when exposed to any chemicals or preservatives. If only there were a way to get it out as easily as it was put in. Best advice......don't do it.

    From- Sorry I did it

    ReplyDelete