Friday, July 3, 2009

Increased Reactions / side-effects With Each Synvisc Injection

Note: In an effort to keep the information as accurate as possible on this blog, I've posted links to support the data and some verbatim information. Blogspot has now tagged my blog and will not let me do so. I will suggest searches to help you find the research that backs up my post. Sorry for the inconvience.

Conculsion of one study: This study suggests that it's reasonable to tell patients who've been treated with a course of Hylan G-F 20 [Synvisc] and who want more shots that the likelihood of a painful localized acute reaction to the medical device appears to increase. More studies of the frequency of acute local reactions following repeated injections of Synvisc and study of mechanisms of those reactions are warranted.

The full abstract is found on the NCBI Pub Med gov site. You can google to find "Increased frequency of acute local reactions following repeated course of Hylan G-F 20."

2 comments:

  1. i am due to have my first injection in approx. 30 days. I would like to know what other products or treatment options are avail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I am not a doctor. As someone who is still dealing with the adverse effect of Synvisc nearly 3 years later, I would avoid this viscosupplementation at all cost. There are others on the market that are less toxic, but I have no personal experience with them. Ozone injections have been highly effective for me and many others for knee pain.

    http://www.antiagingmedicine.com/procedures.htm

    Here's a site to help locate an ozone physician.

    http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/my_ozone_doctor.com.html

    ReplyDelete