Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Synvisc Warning of a Different Kind

Things to consider if a third party insurance is paying for your Synvisc Injections, such as Worker's Compensation, Auto Insurance, Property Insurance, etc.


If you have an adverse reaction to this injection, the situation could get sticky.


One, the physician that you trusted to inject you could EASILY deny your adverse event because they are covering their own interests and possible ties to the company. [Hence the need for the Physician Payment Sunshine Act 2009 to pass!!! Contact your senator http://www.senate.gov/ ] The insurance company will JUMP at the chance to NOT pay for what could be a long lasting health issue...and very costly. None of the above will likely be invested in YOUR best interest, only their own. [unless you're really LUCKY]


Two, the insurance company will jump at ANY chance to NOT pay, even if your reaction fits the possible adverse reactions listed on Genzyme's information sheet for Synvisc. They will fight you, and unfortunately, most physicians you might be referred to don't have the balls to stand up for the patient or the TRUTH. The odds are in favor that the medical community will side with the pharmaceutical company. Odds are that they will say that you suffer from a psycological issue, or will cover it up by saying it's related to a pre-existing condition or another prescription you're taking, or that your adverse event is not related to the Synvisc injections.


Some of the above has happened to ME, and All of the above has happened to many others who have contacted me regarding their experience with Synvisc.


Do you get it?? You WILL be on your own!!!!


Again, Why take the risk?

????

2 comments:

  1. god thank you for generating this blog - i have mcs & chronic fatigue syndrome - my orthopedic doc suggested synvisc - i will never take this product now that i have read your blog - you saved me from further disability

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your health was spared. I wish someone would have generated a blog like this BEFORE I went through my hell. That's my purpose in this blog. To know that it saved just one person from such despair makes it worth maintaining. And you are not the first!!!!

    I am not a doctor, but I've experienced much through this. What I can suggest to help with your knee is Ozone. It worked wonders on my knee and many others who I know. And it is "safe" with no man-made chemical additives.

    The cause of MCS is believe to be liver error between phase 1 and phase 2 metabolism. Protect your liver and find supplementation to support phase 2 detox in the liver!!!!

    God bless, and I'm thankful that I could help you.

    ReplyDelete